PREVENTING BUDGET AND TIMELINE BLOWOUTS
Budget and timeline blowouts are a reality for any creative business at one time or another.
But they shouldn’t be the norm.
I think the main reason they happen is because the stakeholders involved didn’t have realistic expectations in the first place.
In this episode of The C Word Podcast, I share my key tips for stopping or minimising budget and timeline blowouts:
– Be clear on the deliverables and what is and isn’t included
– Ensure everyone understands the full extent of what’s involved
✨Step out every stage in detail
– If it’s too broad you’ll overlook stages that take time
✨Agree the timelines
– Don’t be tempted to truncate or shorten timeframes and be realistic about how long things take
✨Lock it in
– Set aside meetings and time to do the work up front
✨Enough time for review, feedback and revisions
– Be clear on when the client will get work for review and when they need to respond with feedback
✨Communicate well and often with your client
– Give regular updates
– Let them know straightaway if something is out of scope or if there are potential delays
✨Penalties for delays
– This can be a good motivator to keep your client on track
– Give the client plenty of warning and make it clear up front, the relationship is important
✨Hold yourself accountable
– Stick to the timeline
– Keep your energy up to maintain the momentum
And don’t forget doors are currently open for my Creative Value Incubator. This is Tthe 8 week program specifically for creatives in business who want to communicate their value, be valued and be perceived as valuable >>> bechughes.com/creative-business-incubator
FIND OUT MORE & SAY HI!
Well hello there!
The Creative Value Incubator is a brand new program to support graphic & web designers and brand-led creatives to grow and thrive
Value Incubator is a brand new program to support graphic & web designers and brand-led creatives to grow and thrive
Over 8 weeks, we’ll work on the fundamentals for creative business success which I’ve learned and put into practice during my 20+ years in the industry.
Ready to join me? >> Check it out <<